How Do I Run End of Month?
This lesson will teach you how to run the End Of Month.
This process should be done after all statements and reports, if any, have been run for the month you are closing. It is recommended that you do a backup before the Month End.
If the month end process is not done in a timely fashion and a year goes by without an End Of Month process, then it makes it difficult to use the electronic journal to view past transactions. It also causes reports to slow down considerably.
This screen shows the amount of time that you wish to keep history. The above settings are recommended, but can be changed to fit your needs.
(2) Months of EJRLS should not be increased to more than 12 months, but can be decreased if you wish.
(3) If you use Clock In and Clock Out feature on the register, then Months of Time Clock Entries to Retain shows how long you wish to keep these records on the Manager's Work Station.
(4) Years to retain Above History is how many years you want to keep your transaction history.
(5) Click on the "Apply" button.
(6) Click on the "Close" button.
Note: You will only need to setup your End Of Month once.
(2) Click inside the date box to choose the last day of the month you are closing.
(3) Check the first check box to Process Accounts Receivable Month End.
(4) Check the first check box to Process Inventory Month End. and check the third check box to Use New Period After Inv Month End.
(5) Check the first check box if you would like for the system to Close and Delete Open Purchase Orders and check the second check box to Compress / Remove old history.
(6) Click the "OK" button to start the End of Month.