How do I hook up the System when I receive it?
This lesson gives you instructions on how to assemble your equipment when you receive it.
Remove Back Cover
Once all equipment has been taken out of the shipping box, you can begin assembling your system. Set the Point of Sale on top of the cash drawer.
(1) On the back of the Point of Sale Monitor, squeeze down on clip located just below the pole display.
(2) Pull out and up on handle. This will remove the back cover.
Release Retainer Bar
To assist with cable management, release the retainer bar located on the bottom of the back side of the Point of Sale.
(3) Rotate blue clip counter clockwise
(4) Retainer bar will release
Connectors / Wiring
The following will need to be connected into the back ports of the Point of Sale:
Note: All cables need to be fed through the opening on the bottom of the back side of the Point of Sale. The retainer bar will later be used to hold all cables inside the back cover of the point of sale.
(5) Plug the black power supply cable into the large black port. The other end of this cable will need to be plugged into a battery backup outlet.
(6) Plug the printer serial cable into serial port "B". Make sure the serial cable screws are loose by turning them counter clockwise before plugging in the cable. Once it is plugged in, use the two screws to tighten the plug into place, by turning the screws clockwise.
(7) Plug a network cable into the ethernet port with the network image above the port. The other end of this cable will need to be plugged into your source of internet for the system. In order to be PCI complaint, your network will need to be behind a firewall.
(8) Plug the tan and red printer power cable into port labeled 24V. The thermal printer can be placed on either the left or right side of the point of sale on top of the cash drawer.
(9) If you purchased an OKI Printer, the USB cable will need to be plugged into USB port "C".
(10) Plug the pin pad USB cable into USB port "D".
(11) Plug the purple tipped PS/2 cable for the keyboard into the purple circular port with the keyboard image above the port. Place the keyboard on top of the cash drawer in front of the point of sale terminal.
(12) Plug the serial pin pad cable into serial port "D". Make sure the serial cable screws are loose by turning them counter clockwise before plugging in the cable. Once it is plugged in, use the two screws to tighten the plug into place, by turning the screws clockwise. The pin pad will need to be placed on your counter where the customer can easily enter their pin information.
Additional Cable Information
Power on EZ-Auth System
Attach Retainer Bar
Use the retainer bar to push cables flush against the back panel of the Point of Sale.
(15) Make sure all cables are properly ran through the opening below the retainer bar. Push the retainer bar towards the back side of the Point of Sale until the bar is back aligned with the latch.
(16) Rotate the retainer bar clockwise until it latches and secures cables.
(17) All cables should be retained.
Attach Back Cover
Reattach the back cover of the Point of Sale by aligning the bottom of the cover and then pushing the top in until the clip clicks.